The 2020 Holiday Season has begun and we are still living with the COVID-19 pandemic. There is good news – vaccinations will be made available in the months ahead. Nonetheless, we all must remain vigilant about protecting ourselves, our families, and our community by wearing masks, maintaining social distance, and washing our hands frequently.
The physical, mental health, and well-being of youth, families, and staff is our top priority. Our aim is to provide the same level of excellent comprehensive care management services in a variety of ways that meet families where they are at. This can include confidential video conferencing, increased phone and/or texting contact, and F2F visits.
For more information on COVID-19 please refer to:
- The NJ COVID-19 Information Hub https://covid19.nj.gov/ (English) and https://covid19.nj.gov/es (Spanish)
- Visit the CDC, Center for Disease Control Website
- Call (General COVID-19 Questions): 2-1-1 (24/7)
- Text NJCOVID to 898-211 to receive alerts
- Call (Medical COVID-19 Questions): 1-800-962-1253
- The COVID Alert NJ app
- FEDERAL RESOURCES: Coronavirus.gov & USA.gov/Coronavirus
If your child or someone you know is experiencing distress during these challenging times, there is help.
- Know the Signs: All kids have bad days, but trauma and life-changing events can create lasting challenges. Find out how.
- Social Distancing Anxiety: For children and youth with disorders or mental health diagnoses, COVID-19 may heighten their anxiety and distress. Learn more.
- Children’s System of Care: New Jersey’s free or low-cost behavioral health system for kids up to age 21 provides eligible youth with coordinated access to mental health support, substance use treatment, and services for intellectual or developmental disabilities. Get more details.
For help, call Performcare NJ: Open 24/7 and can be reached at (877) 652-7624 or www.performcarenj.org.
Wishing you a safe, healthy, and happy Holiday season and New Year!
Cynthia Heller, LCSW
Chief Executive Officer, Circle of Care