Getting the Help You Need
If you answer yes to any of these questions you may need our services:
- Is your child is demonstrating social, emotional, and/or behavioral issues that are impacting their education, i.e. not going to school, bullying, isolating?
- Is your child angry, aggressive, lashing out, yelling, or slamming doors?
- Has your child experienced a death, divorce, relocation, or traumatic event and is not adjusting well?
- Is your child living with a developmental disability that is difficult to manage?
- Has a friend, teacher, or other trusted adult expressed concerns about your child?
- Is your child leaving at night, coming home with expensive items they cannot afford, or gone for a few days at a time?
- Is your child getting high?
Knowing How to Get the Help You Need
Call PerformCare at (877) 652-7624. They are available 24/7.
PerformCare is the contracted administrator for the services and supports offered through the NJ Children’s System of Care partners, like Circle of Care. It is like a triage center or an access department. When you call PerformCare a trained and licensed Care Coordinator will ask you some basic questions to help determine if your family needs immediate assistance. They are capable of communicating with you in all languages. You, as the parent/guardian, must call PerformCare yourself, though someone may assist you when you do so.
On the call, the Care Coordinator will listen to you and may determine that…
- There is a crisis and you need immediate assistance to de-escalate a crisis and they may dispatch Mobile Response and Stabilization services to your home. A crisis worker can show up at your home within an hour of dispatch. However, if anyone is at risk of harming themselves or others, call 911.
- The challenges you are having could be met in a community based mental health clinic and will provide you with resources, names, and contact info.
- More information is needed to gain a better understanding of your situation. They will authorize a licensed clinician to contact you, speak with you, develop an assessment of your challenges with your child, and provide recommendations. In this case, your child could be referred to the Circle of Care.
What You Can Expect from Circle of Care
- Your child can remain safe at home, in school, and out of trouble.
- You and your child will decide what resources and services will be used.
- We can assist you in achieving the vision you have for your family.
- Your participation with Circle of Care is totally voluntary.
- Circle of Care is mandated to report all child abuse and neglect.
Circle of Care is dedicated to working with youth and families so that they can achieve their family vision. To understand us further, please watch this 3-minute video to understand the NJ Children’s System of Care and the PerformCare referral process by which your family can receive services
Scroll down for more helpful links for you and your families.
Helpful links for parents
|My Troubled Teen|
|Division of Children’s System of Care|
|Division of Child Protection and Permanency|
Federal Government Links
|Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration|
|National Alliance for the Mentally Ill|
Passaic County Links
|Passaic County Official Website|
|Passaic County Prosecutor’s Office- Juvenile Justice|
|Department of Human Services|
|Family Support organization of Passaic County|
|First Call 211|
Dean Pastras, Executive Director
218 Rt 17 North, 3rd Floor
Rochelle Park, NJ 07662
Phone: (201) 712-1170
Fax: (201) 712-0425
Michael Dallahan, Executive Director
Partners for Kids and Families
122 Burrs Road
Mt. Holly, NJ 08060
Phone: (609) 518-6800
Fax: (609) 518-6900
Charles Brown, Executive Director
Camden County Partnership for Children
221 Laurel Avenue, Suite 300
Voorhees, NJ 08043
Phone: (856) 482-6222
Fax: (856) 482-8568
|Cape May/Atlantic Counties
Alan DeStefano, Executive Director
Cape/Atlantic Integrated Network for Kids (I.N.K)
1413 Cantillon Blvd
Mays Landing, NJ 08330
Phone: (609) 829-2038
Fax: (609) 829-2886
|Caring Partners of Morris/Sussex, Inc.
Jim Mahoney, Executive Director
Caring Partners of Morris/Sussex, Inc.
200 Valley Road , Suite 406
Mount Arlington, NJ 07856
Phone: (973) 770-5505
Fax: (973) 770-5557
|Cumberland/ Salem/Gloucester Counties
Chuck Goldstein, Executive Director
CSG Family Partnership
445 Woodbury/Glassboro Road
Sewell, NJ 08080
Phone: (856) 716-2100
Fax: (856) 716-2109
Victor Alvarez, Executive Director
Partnership for Children for Essex
100 Executive Drive, Suite 130
West Orange, NJ 07052
Phone: (973) 323-3000
Fax: (973) 323-3015
Robyn Gorman, Executive Director
110 Meadowlands Parkway
Secaucus, NJ 07094
Phone: (201) 537-1460
Fax: (201) 537-1452
Debra Megaro, Executive Director
Capitol County Children’s Collaborative
3535 Quakerbridge Road
Hamilton, NJ 08619
Phone: (609) 584-0888
Fax: (609) 584-6258
Suzanne Kreie, Executive Director
Coordinated Family Care
30 Silverline Drive, Suite 1
North Brunswick, NJ 08902
Phone: (732) 572-3663
Fax: (732) 246-1468
Kathy Collins, Executive Director
Monmouth Cares, Inc.
Monmouth Park Corporate Ctr., 185 State Route 36 Suite B1
West Long Branch, NJ 07764
Phone: (732) 222-8008
Fax: (732) 222-9305
Mary Jo Buchanan, Executive Director
Ocean Partnership for Children
1610 Rt. 88 West, 3rd Floor
Brick, NJ 08724
Phone: (732) 202-1585
Fax: (732) 202-0665
|Tri-County (Huterdon, Warren, Somerset)
James Parauda , Executive Director
575 Route 28, Suite 100
Raritan, NJ 08869
Richard Hlavacek, Executive Director
Families & Community Together
1170 Route 22 West
Mountainside, NJ 07092
Phone: (908) 789-8500
Fax: (908) 789-8508